Friday, January 27, 2012

Light A Candle And Fly

I often tell people I feel called to stand - to live - as a bridge between the “Candle Lighters” and the “Jet Fuel Drinkers”. What do I mean by that?

·     Candle-lighters are the quiet, steady-paced, somewhat solitary, somewhat mystical, focused-on-the-now, Spirit-aware, Presence of God-sensing Spiritual Formation types.
·     Jet-fuel-drinkers are the loud, fast-paced, somewhat solitary, somewhat fanatical, focused-on-the-future, Spirit-aware, Presence of God-sensing Leadership types.

I love these two groups deeply; they have each formed me in their own way, and I deeply believe the cause of Christ, the Kingdom of God, the blessed community, depends upon them both. In fact, though they often speak very different languages, they need each other.

read the rest of this post

Mindy Caliguire (@mindycaliguire)
Transformation Ministry Team, Willow Creek Association
Founder, SoulCare (a Spiritual Formation Ministry)

No comments:

Post a Comment

When adding a comment, please make sure to add your name! (This can be done by selecting Name/URL)