Wednesday, February 8, 2012

How Bill Hybels and Andy Stanley Plan Weekend Services

How would you like to hang around Bill Hybels and Andy Stanley for a while and pick their brains about their approach to developing weekend services?

That’s what I had a chance to do recently, along with a group of church leaders in the town of Bracknell, England.

When Bill and Andy were asked about how they go about planning their weekend services, every leader was leaning forward to hear their response. I too, leaned in and also recorded it on my iPhone. I didn’t want to miss a word, and I don’t want you to miss a word either.

Friends, if you’re involved in weekend services, this stuff is gold.

BILL
You probably can’t really peg high enough just how important every single weekend is.
I have a creative team. And I meet with them for two and a half hours every single week.
I feel that’s a very important role of mine.

ANDY
One of the things I learned years and years ago to help our creative people is this. They would always say, “What’s the message about?” or “What’s the series about?”

But then I discovered, I’d say, “I’m not going to tell you what the bottom line is. Let me tell you the tension I want you to help me create.”

read the rest of this post

Scott Cochrane (@WScottCochrane)
Executive Director, Willow Creek Canada
http://www.scottcochrane.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

When adding a comment, please make sure to add your name! (This can be done by selecting Name/URL)